Services for administration units
Strategic communications consultation
University Relations provides a communications planning and consulting service to the campus community, and coordinates strategic communications for UBC’s Okanagan campus. Key activities include:
- contributing to UBC’s annual report to communicate with the community about the university’s accomplishments
- driving advertising initiatives to raise the profile of UBC’s Okanagan campus and enhance the university’s image on the local, national and international stage
- consulting with individual units to develop highly effective communications
- advising departments on advertising strategy
- developing other special projects to communicate the university’s activities, achievements and other developments (posters, brochures, feature websites, etc.)
If you have a special project in mind, or want to discuss your department’s communications needs in general, contact Bud Mortenson, Director, at 250-807-9255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posters for upcoming events, program recruitment, research posters and more. Be sure to grab the attention of passersby for your event or announcement.
Publications and brochures for programs, faculties, service-oriented units, and more… A small budget doesn’t have to mean boring design. Think outside the 8.5″ x11″ box!
Ads for events, acknowledgments, faculty and staff postings… There are many reasons to publish an ad. You book it, we design it. Just make sure you give enough lead time for the publication’s deadline.
Using a consistent design or concept can help brand your event, program or faculty. It gives a professional appearance and helps people easily identify what you’re advertising.
The implementation of the website Common Look and Feel (CLF) in Ironpoint doesn’t mean your site can’t be individualized to your unit. There are ways to be creative with your site.
If you don’t have enough time to print and post invitations for an event or you wish to be easier on the environment, consider a content-rich HTML document. This is a document that is sent as an e-mail — like the The Exchange newsletter.
Using quality photographs in your project can mean the difference between mediocrity and excellence. When using our design services, you have access to our bank of general photos for your project. For photographs specific to your program or unit, it is a good idea to have them done professionally.
We work with a local photographer who sets up studio-quality, dynamic scenarios that capture the attributes of the program(s) being shot. Our designer will consult with you on your needs and be on site to direct the shoot.