Services for faculties and academic units
Strategic Communications Consultation
University Relations provides a communications planning and consulting service to the campus community, and coordinates strategic communications for UBC’s Okanagan campus. These include:
- contribute to UBC’s annual report to communicate with the community about the university’s accomplishments
- drive advertising initiatives to enhance the university’s image on the local, national and international stage
- consult with individual departments and faculties to ensure maximum effectiveness in communication efforts
- advise departments on advertising strategy
- develop other special projects that enhance the universities image (posters, brochures, etc.)
To learn more or to utilize this service contact Chris Bowerman, Marketing and Communications Strategist, at 250-807-9145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posters for upcoming events, program recruitment, research posters and more. Be sure to grab the attention of passersby for your event or announcement.
Brochures for programs, faculties, service-oriented units, and more… A small budget doesn’t have to mean boring design. Think outside the 8.5″ x11″ box!
Ads for events, acknowledgments, faculty and staff postings… There are many reasons to publish an ad. You book it, we design it. Just make sure you give enough lead time for the publication’s deadline.
Using a consistent design or concept can help brand your event, program or faculty. It gives a professional appearance and helps people easily identify what you’re advertising.
The implementation of the website Common Look and Feel (CLF) doesn’t mean your site can’t be individualized to your unit. There are ways to be creative with your site.
Generally, faculties, units and departments maintain their own websites; however, University Relations can help with redesigning or creating new websites. In these cases, the communications and marketing strategist’s role is to:
- Scope the project
- Work with the client to identify the site’s main elements, pages, structure, navigation, etc.
- Work with the appropriate designer to develop visual mock-ups of the home page and interior pages
- Work with IT, Media and Classroom Services, who actually builds the pages
- Work with the client to fine-tune site features before launching the new site
If you don’t have enough time to print and post invitations for an event or you wish to be easier on the environment, consider a content-rich HTML document. This is a document that is sent as an e-mail — like the The Exchange newsletter.
Using quality photographs in your project can mean the difference between mediocrity and excellence. When using our design services, you have access to our bank of general photos for your project. For photographs specific to your program or unit, it is a good idea to have them done professionally.
We work with a local photographer who sets up studio-quality, dynamic scenarios that capture the attributes of the program(s) being shot. Our designer will consult with you on your needs and be on site to direct the shoot